For todays photoshop session , we were tasked with creating a monchromatic flat painting in photoshop, using the video tutorial provided as guidance. I'm quite happy with the result, although I think the highlights on the mountain need to be a little darker, as at the moment they pop too much. I also think the sky might need to be a bit more saturated. I found this tutorial really useful because it showed me the render function in photoshop, which will allow me to create trees very easy, and how to build up a flat painting like this in a way that looks decent.
After a few technical difficulties with mudbox, I decided to take a break from modelling the Werewolf and work on the Witch instead. Before I could model her I needed to create some orthogrpahs of her to properly model her in maya. I decided to do two versions of the orthographs- one that's bald so I could get her face and head shape, then one with her hair and hat. I also decided not to include her glasses for now, as they would obstruct her face too much and I might be able to model them without orthographs. Her front facing ortho was fairly simple to create, using the previous concept sketches of her for reference, but I really struggled when it came to her shoes and her side facing ortho. I had to look up quite a few references for both and had multiple attempts for both, and they still aren't perfect. They're good enough to use as guidlines for modelling though. This tells me that I need to practice drawing side angles and shoes more.
This week we were tasked to create some animations of balls bouncing (one cartoony and three realistic – a bowling ball, tennis ball and ping pong ball), which included the principles of arcs, weight, timing and spacing. At first I struggled with making the bowling ball, tennis ball and ping pong ball look realistic, but I think once I did some research I was able to make them look better. However, I think I still could have improved on some of the realistic animations, specifically the bowling ball, which I feel stops too suddenly once it's been dropped. I think I would make it roll for longer and have it stop more gradually.
Comments
Post a Comment