Here is the second pass of the storyboards. These are the same as the first pass except I've added expressions and gestures to these. These will need some tweaking as the story doesn't properly flow in places, and in the fourth page of storyboards there's a gap which I need to figure out how to fill. I've discussed these with my tutors and I know which bits need changing, like the Werewolf needing to run on two legs instead of four as that makes more sense, changing the direction the werewolf runs away, changing angles in the kitchen scene, etc.
For todays photoshop session , we were tasked with creating a monchromatic flat painting in photoshop, using the video tutorial provided as guidance. I'm quite happy with the result, although I think the highlights on the mountain need to be a little darker, as at the moment they pop too much. I also think the sky might need to be a bit more saturated. I found this tutorial really useful because it showed me the render function in photoshop, which will allow me to create trees very easy, and how to build up a flat painting like this in a way that looks decent.
This week we were tasked to create some animations of balls bouncing (one cartoony and three realistic – a bowling ball, tennis ball and ping pong ball), which included the principles of arcs, weight, timing and spacing. At first I struggled with making the bowling ball, tennis ball and ping pong ball look realistic, but I think once I did some research I was able to make them look better. However, I think I still could have improved on some of the realistic animations, specifically the bowling ball, which I feel stops too suddenly once it's been dropped. I think I would make it roll for longer and have it stop more gradually.
Comments
Post a Comment