I decided to pick something simple to start modelling with, a rounded pot. I made two different lids for it as well so I can use it for different things.
After a few technical difficulties with mudbox, I decided to take a break from modelling the Werewolf and work on the Witch instead. Before I could model her I needed to create some orthogrpahs of her to properly model her in maya. I decided to do two versions of the orthographs- one that's bald so I could get her face and head shape, then one with her hair and hat. I also decided not to include her glasses for now, as they would obstruct her face too much and I might be able to model them without orthographs. Her front facing ortho was fairly simple to create, using the previous concept sketches of her for reference, but I really struggled when it came to her shoes and her side facing ortho. I had to look up quite a few references for both and had multiple attempts for both, and they still aren't perfect. They're good enough to use as guidlines for modelling though. This tells me that I need to practice drawing side angles and shoes more.
Here is the second pass of the storyboards. These are the same as the first pass except I've added expressions and gestures to these. These will need some tweaking as the story doesn't properly flow in places, and in the fourth page of storyboards there's a gap which I need to figure out how to fill. I've discussed these with my tutors and I know which bits need changing, like the Werewolf needing to run on two legs instead of four as that makes more sense, changing the direction the werewolf runs away, changing angles in the kitchen scene, etc.
For todays photoshop session , we were tasked with creating a monchromatic flat painting in photoshop, using the video tutorial provided as guidance. I'm quite happy with the result, although I think the highlights on the mountain need to be a little darker, as at the moment they pop too much. I also think the sky might need to be a bit more saturated. I found this tutorial really useful because it showed me the render function in photoshop, which will allow me to create trees very easy, and how to build up a flat painting like this in a way that looks decent.
Comments
Post a Comment